• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!

What makes you click X?

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Disclaimer: this is not a rant thread. This is not a thread to passive aggressively jab at other members or even people on the internet.

WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY
What makes you click X on a search thread or interest check? What do you look for in them and what turns you away?

Reytian

It’s Adventure Time
Staff member
If the GM says they are looking for a rp but have no examples such as potential plots, stories, or even genre then that's a nope. Also if after you two (Or sometimes more if in a group) starts to put little effort into the first few posts. From experience it won't work out well...:(

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
For me it differs a bit between 1x1 and groups.
For 1x1's, I like to see at least something about posting expectations and general story rating. I personally don't partner with people who already have a both characters written up and I basically need to adopt one of theirs. This, because I feel it greatly limits my freedom with them.

For groups, I look for the plot and certain plot details and the CS (if a group doesn't have a CS I won't join because of the likely chaos that will ensue). A list of basic characters needed is always a plus ("fighter", "mage" and not a complete CS). RP rules also should be included, especially how long people can be inactive before being removed.

Sera

Majestic Dragon
Can I just say, I am guilty as all hell when it comes to having no idea for a plot when I search sometimes :,)

What makes me click X is not always what is in, but the overall tone, on top of whether or not they have a plot. I also have to agree with having premade characters, or people who want faceclaims, it does take away some freedom.

Going back to tone, I'll elaborate a bit, things that turn me away are usually people who stress they want 'mature' or 'literate' writers, or I just get the feeling that they think they are 'above' anything casual. Or they have enforced word counts (ex. I write over 500 words each post, my partner better do the same).

Jester

Can we pretend airplanes are shooting stars?
Community Volunteer
" hi their, im going to slide in you're dms even though i have no idea how the english language works and iv never wrote a post over 100 words and i reply with one sentence to a page of writing u sent me. also, im gonna pester you to reply to me and me only because youre time should be spent only on my rp. "