• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!

We promised a post, so a post you get

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
@Member
We promised a Staff post so a staff post you shall get 🤪

Here is the deal. At the moment the SCRP staff team is 3 people strong. We all have real life to take care off on top of the site. Because of it, we have very little time to actually engage with the community, and sometimes even have to postpone our own posts because staff duties come first. As it is, we've already scrapped certain things (e.g. monthly events) and brought it back to the bare bones.
Every staff member has a purpose, that is not always clear on the front side of things. We all have our own task list. Izack is our resident operations officer, for example.

Due to some unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances (other than Covid-19), Staff has to consider the most extreme and final decision of all: closing down. Staff would rather not have it come down to that, so here we are. Mind you, this is NOT about the money. Financially we are sound. This is solely about the time that has to go into running a site, and the fact that right now we do not have the resources for the long term. Our current situation is maneagble, short term.

And that's where you guys come in. Can you help out? We need at 2-4 mods extra, and a few community volunteers. If we cannot get this of help over the next few weeks, then Staff might have to decide it is better to close.
In short the site is in need of the following;
  1. Social mods; moderators who mod the social areas of this site. THis included the Introductions, the Creative Center and the City Center
    1. inherent to this one, discord mods.
  2. RP Mods; our roleplay mods focus on reading and modding our roleplay area - the entire Collaborative Writing area
  3. Community volunteers. Community volunteers are not staff, but they do have a strong support role. They like making people feel welcome, and answer questions. They help with events. In a nutshell, they get to do the fun side of staffing, without having to deal with the nasty side of things
Before volunteering, please keep in mind that being a staff member is actually work.
While we are here because we love to RP, and overall SCRP is fairly drama/issue free there are expectations involved. Most of which, a few minutes a day for you to do your staff duties (30 minutes - 1 hour on average). Being a staff member is a lot of fun, but it's not only fun. Sometimes, you'll be excepted to warn a member. Sometimes, you'll have to step in between members.
Not everybody is going to agree with you.
Fellow staff counts on you.

If you apply, please keep that in mind.
We are a team, helping each other where necessary. If you already know you can't commit, then maybe this is not the position for you. If you already know it'll be more stress than anything, please don't commit.

Community Volunteers are regular members who love helping out around the site.
They are not staff members, and do not have same staff powers. Like all other members, they are not allowed to mini-mod the forums or take on the forum or role of staff members. They are helpers. Community volunteers have been with us for at least 30 days before they applied / were promoted to this fancy new post.
They can be recognized by their blue name, and COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER banner under their names.

Community Volunteer tasks and responsibilities
  • Welcoming of new members
  • Helping with events
    • Thinking of new events
    • Judge the contest
    • Being hosts to events
  • Answering questions (within reason) (if a question should be answered by a staff member, refer them to a staff member)

Community Volunteer Rules and Guidelines
  • Adhere to all site rules
  • Pull your weight.
  • Communicate with fellow Volunteers and staff. Life happens, we get that. Nobody can be online 24/7 but let us know if you're not going to be around for a few days or weeks.
  • Do not mini-mod the forums.
  • If an issue should be resolved by a staff member, talk to a staff member.
  • Reply to 5 amount of profiles each month (make sure all profiles have at least 1 welcome message)
  • Reply to 5 amount of intro threads each month (make sure at least every intro thread has at least 2 welcome messages)
  • Help out in 5 events a year (in any role)

How to become a Community Volunteer?
There is an application to become one. However, a Community Volunteer should already display (some of) the above points in their posting habits. Like everybody you will have strong and weak areas. This is fine. However, the team as a whole must cover the entire basis of the Community Volunteers.

Community Volunteer Application

Name:

How old you are currently, in years. Provide an exact number please. (26 or 19 and not late teens or mid twenties, above thirty etc)

Community Volunteer subsections you're (going to be) most active in?
  • Helping in Events
  • Welcoming new members
  • Answering questions
Your skills:
What are your strengths and weaknesses? This doesn't have to be too personal, but anything that could affect your abilities within the community volunteer team. We all have them, so please be honest.

Why should we choose you?:
What makes you stand out when compared to other applicants? What can you bring to the community?
What contribution(s) have you made so far? Etc.

Are you currently holding a similar or staff position in another community?
If you are invested on other sites/ in communities please list where and what your tasks include, and how SCRP would fit into your schedule.

What does being a community volunteer on SCRP mean to you?
What do you think the job entails, or should entail?

Extra
Is there anything else you'd like us to know or take into consideration?

Applicant Questions
Name:

How old you are currently, in years. Provide an exact number pleast. (26 or 19 and not late teens or mid twenties, above thirty etc)

Are you willing to go through the age verification process for the Approval Badge?
RP mods have to be 18+ in order to access all our forums.

Forum(s) you're most active in?

Timezone:

What is your time-zone? If you are between multiple time-zones, please state them, along with the frequency you are in each time-zone.

General Questions
Your skills:

What are your strengths and weaknesses? This doesn't have to be too personal, but anything that could affect your abilities within the staff team. We all have them, so please be honest.

Why should we choose you?:
What makes you stand out when compared to other applicants? What can you bring to the community? What contribution(s) have you made so far? Etc.

Previous experience:
Have you been a moderator on another community in the past? If yes, what were your experiences.

Are you currently a staff member on other communities?:
If you are staff on other sites/communities please list where and what your tasks include, and how SCRP would fit into your schedule.

What does being a staff member on SCRP mean to you
What do you think the job entails, or should entail?

Availability:
When would you be able to dedicate time, on our forums? Try to provide a time-frame, such as 5pm-9pm weekdays. (EST and/or GMT)

How would you act in the following situations?

1. A new member signed up only a few hours ago and immediately put promotional links and text for another site (with RP section) in their signature. You notice this as they start posting around the forum. Checking the rest of their profile you also notice a link to said site on their profile.

2. A member comes to you, telling you (and giving you proof) another member PM'd them on-site wanting to discuss an argument that happened off-site. They member contacting you made a request to the argumentative member not to contact them again but this request also happened off-site.

3. Somebody you're friendly with brings an argument to your attention but they're also in the argument at hand. The situation is getting pretty heated and it appears some members band together against another.

Extra Questions

About yourself (optional):

Is there anything you would like to share about yourself? This doesn't have to be too personal, but we would love to know about the potential members within our staff team (what they enjoy, what they dislike, etc).

Last edited:

Reytian

It’s Adventure Time
Staff member
Due to some unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances (other than Covid-19), Staff has to consider the most extreme and final decision of all: closing down.
Does that mean I would finally be the last one on this thread?

All jokes aside, I’m shocked it’s come to this. I’ve been a member for quite some time now and started my journey of roleplaying on this site after a long hiatus. I’ve seen so many great and wonderful people come and go yet I always thought this site would still persevere.

Whatever you need @Robyn let me know. I’ll sign up for the staff application.

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
All jokes aside, I’m shocked it’s come to this. I’ve been a member for quite some time now and started my journey of roleplaying on this site after a long hiatus. I’ve seen so many great and wonderful people come and go yet I always thought this site would still persevere.
Of course, we hope that we can find the help we need 😊
That's really the only thing we're lacking. We have the members, we have the intentions. Now we just need some help with staffing 👍