• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!

PG-18 Not What I Expected (BitOfFun and JodoBird180)

BitOfFun

Name: Tsuki Nakamura
Personality: Creative intellectual, loves adventure, very sociable, versatile and astute
Things of interest: She tends to obsess and is currently fighting a gambling habit.
Physical Appearance: Tiny in build, petite, and always prim and proper. She stands four feet, seven inches tall and weighs 97 pounds Pale skin, large grey eyes, long black hair, of Asian and Irish descent.

Name: Jack Nooman
Personality Traits: Unintentionally funny, either because of his confusion or because he something he says/does, incredibly kind, obnoxious, clingy, usually talks to talk.
Likes: Pizza, sketching, working, and sometimes showing off, social interation with other/new people
Dislikes: Being alone, honey-mustard, boring lectures, getting talked at
Quote: "Been there, done that." yes, even when someone says that their going to the store, or going to kill someone he'll just spit this out like it's nothing.
Appearance: Tall, about 5'11", and really lean. He's got some kind of dificency that keeps him from gaining weight even as he grows. Red hair that always hangs in his eyes and it almost always messy, unless on the job or trying to make a good first-impression, but after that it's just to much work. Brown eyes and a small scar on the top of his hand from his times as a kid.

Tsuki sighed as she walked through her sparsely decorated house. She loved this house. Sure, the inside could use some updating and changing - the kitchen/dining room floor was hideous and the bathroom was just begging for a remodel - but she hadn't bought it for the fancy inside. When she'd first seen the sleek yet cute outside and, what was more, the views! she was sold. As long as the inside hadn't turned out to be a complete dump, she would have bought this house no matter what. And she did. The interior was a little worn, and the layout was, well, weird, but the weirdness was part of what enthralled her. The house didn't seem nearly as big as it actually was, and she'd spent a lot of time daydreaming about what she was going to do with her house!

Then the money had disappeared. Like it always did. Her house. The words used to send a thrill running through her. Who didn't dream of owning their own house someday? Now she owned that dream, and it was a millstone around her neck. She'd bought the house when she'd had a sudden influx of cash, and if that cash had lasted just a bit longer, everything would have been fine, but it dried up too fast, and now she was stuck with a mortgage she couldn't afford. She'd hade two options: Sell the house, or get a roommate until things got better.

Tsuki stopped in the kitchen and picked up the newspaper that held her ad. She'd run the ad for two weeks before finally getting an answer, and by then she'd been too strapped for money to be too picky. The person had agreed to paying two months in advance, and that was good enough for her. They were supposed to arrive today in about - she checked the clock - ten minutes. She went to the tiny bathroom to check her hair one last time.

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
Jack sat on the over-crowded bus, trying to get at least an inch of personal space. The air was musky, and wreaked of cigerette smoke and homelessness. Yes, he'd convinced himself there was a smell for homeless people. It wasn't very pleasant. His bag sat between his legs as to not be in the way for people coming on and off, and he couldn't help but frown as more people got on than the amount of people getting off. Nope, a crowded, filthy bus was not going to ruin his day. He had a new job, in a new town, even a new house to stay in. The owner seemed nice enough, though. . .they only communicated via Email. Though he was sure the guy owning it would be chill. He seemed like a decent dude.

Once the bus reached his stop, he stood and squeezed through the hords of people standing, and avoided the legs in the isles. Did no one have any respect for the others around them? Nope, nope, your starting new today, don't let these old bags get you down. He stepped off the bus with a great sigh and began walking twoard the house he was residing in. It seemed homey enough, though the floors where. . .very. . .red and white, and altogether just gross. It was alot better than his old flat none-the-less. It was litterally falling apart, the ceiling leaked, and he paid waaay to much rent wise. Here, the house was in alot better shape, and the rent wasn't too bad. Not a problem with his new job.

He pulled out the newpaper artical that had the guys add in it and smiled, turning his direction twoard the street it was located on. Five minuted before he had to be there, and despite not looking like it, he liked to be punctual. If he sets a time, he's there either before, or by that time he set. He picked up his pace, running a hand through his hair to tame it a little, and found the house. It didn't look half bad on the outside, and the view was fanastic! He walked up, and gave a brisk knock on the door. What he was suprised by was the small hobbit that stood before him. "You're a woman." He said, rather suprised.

BitOfFun

Tsuki had just finished brushing out her long black hair when a knock sounded at the door. They were here! Barefoot, she ran through the dining room and kitchen to the entryway. She flung open her front door with a bright smile only to find herself staring at a very not-female chest. She craned her neck to look up. Being five inches shy of five feet tall, Tsuki was used to looking up at people, but this was really up. She stared at the scruffy guy as he stated the obvious.

"You're a red-haired giant," she said, copying his statement of the obvious. She got ahold of herself and stepped back to close the door. "Sorry, but I can't buy anything, and I don't read magazines, and I really don't want to hear any 'good news' spiritually speaking. Thank you, anyway."

Even as she moved to close the door, she glanced behind the guy to see if she could spot her future renter. They should be here any second now, and she didn't want them scared away by this giant standing on her wooden front porch.

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
"I- huh?" He stopped himself for a moment, and realised what she was saying. She was testing him. Oh, he was sooo stupid to think he could get in, even thought he technically lived here, without passing some kind of test. And. . .a woman. Bless his soul he was not expecting this what-so-ever. "Oh it's fine, neither do I." He said and squeezed past her to get into the house. He looked around, and it had alot more of a homey feeling that he expected it to have. He remebered the artical, an the picture of his empty room, so he walked into it without a care in the world.

He stood in the room nodding. He could get used to it. Ceilings that didn't leak, walls that looked -for the most part- sturdy, and yeah, he could stand straight without a problem. There only only a matress in his room, but he wasn't going to complain. Besides, he was renting, and hadn't even expected that. He set his bag on the matress and walked out into the kitchen looking for something to eat. Now that he passed the test, he figured he would be free to eat, right?

BitOfFun

Tsuki was too flabbergasted to do anything, but when he put his bag on her bed, she snatched it up and lugged the heavy thing back into the kitchen. "Look, buster, I don't know who you are that you think you can just walk into my house and make yourself at home, but you'd better get out right now!" she snapped. She half threw the bag toward the door. It was not a spectacular throw, but she did her best. She whipped out her cellphone and punched in the number for the police station but hesitated to hit "send." "I'm calling the police," she warned, showing him her phone with her thumb over the button. "Get out!"

Her heart thundered in her chest. What if this guy was some mental patient escaped from an asylum? They still had asylums, right? Or maybe the hospital! What if he was violent? She backed up as far as she dared, ready to hit send but scared to do so in case that triggered him. Of couse she was going to call as soon as he was out of the house, but she wanted him out, first.

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
He watched her bring out his case and he was completely bamboozled about this whole situation. "Hey careful! Don't throw that!" Yet she did, and all he heard was a loud crash and the faint sound of breaking glass. He scrambled twoard it and picked it up, opening it to see his favorite art sculpture shattered in pieces. "Is this how you treat alll you're house guests? Oh, oh, oh, I'm so rude!" He closed the case and put it back on the counter with ease.

"I'm Jack Nooman, I'm renting from you. Am I late? Is this where the confusion came from?" He checked his watch and shook his head, "Nope, I came on the dot, so I guess your usually. . .violent?" His sense spiked for a brief moment and he could hear her heartbeat, beating at a pace that would probubly lead to heart attack if she didn't get it under control. "Am I too tall? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, my appologies m'lady." He was still struggling with the fact that she was. . .well. . .a she. He walked over and grabbed her phone, shaking his head. "Though I must say, even if I am too tall, this is no way to treat a houseguest." He cancled the call and handed it back to her.

BitOfFun

Tsuki's thumb managed to hit the call button before he reached her, but then he took it and canceled the call. Her fear canceled out proper brain functions, and she kicked his shin as hard as she could with her barefoot. "Ouch!" she yelped then hobbled back into the small living room. "Get away from me, you creep! What are you talking about? You are not my houseguest! Get out!" She started frantically trying to call the police again, hitting the wrong buttons in her haste.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"Help! I'm being attacked by a madman!" Tsuki yelled at her phone in her hand. She was too scared to try to put it to her ear as she danced back and out of the way, keeping the stranger from reaching her. "He forced his way into my house!"

"Right! One Ma'dam pizza and a frosty mouse cinnabun box. Is that everything?"

Tsuki paused and stared at her phone. "What? No! He's attacking me in my house!"

"Gotcha, no frosty mouse. Do you want extra cheese?"

She looked closer at the phone and realized she had definitely not dialed the police but some kind of eclectic pizza place. "Cancel that order," she snapped and hung up the phone. The weird transaction had given her a second to calm down, and she glared at the intruder. "Look, I don't know who you are, but apparently you think you can just walk in here. Which is incredibly rude and terrifying for a single girl like me. Clearly, you have the wrong house. So I suggest you and your luggage leave and go find the right house, and next time, ask to be let inside!"

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
Did she just kick him? He wasn't sure what just went down. He was pretty sure she kicked him. Alright well, so much for a good first impression. He was a little hurt she had called him a creep. Sure, he was different, but he wasn't creepy. Unless it was midnight on the sixth of every month, then he tended to get a little creepy. Either way, so had done nothing to deserve this. He picked up his bag and watched as she ordered pizza, "You're a nervious eater huh? Yeah me too, a pizza sounds great though."

When she hung up he grumbled. He was looking forward to pizza, but, this was her house. "Listen, I'm as surpised as you are-" she interuppted him with a mouthful of words about how he should have asked and all that good stuff. "Okay okay, I'll try agian." Maybe he did have the wrong house? Or the right one and he didn't approach it right? Well she was the one that tested him to get in, and since he passed he walked in like normal. What wasn't she understanding about this?

He walked out of the house with his luggage, and pulled out the newspaper artical. He would give her a few seconds to calm down before knocking agian. He smoothed down his hair, and took in a nervious deep breath. He didn't want to get 'kicked' agian, so he needed to calm himself before saying something that would aggrivate her agian. He knocked on the door, newspaper in hand and suitcase in the other, he couldn't help but groan at the fact that she broke his hand-crafted art sculpture. It was so beautiful, and he carried it with him whenever he was traveling. It was kind of his goodluck charm. He stood, rocking on his heels as he waiting for the woman on the inside to answer the door.

BitOfFun

Tsuki watched as he walked out. Had he thought she was trying to order pizza on purpose? This guy was definitely missing a few screws upstairs, but he seemed harmless enough. She supposed. After all, he'd literally just walked out the door and knocked again. Most people did that as a joke, but he seemed to be serious about starting over again.

She took a deep breath and padded over to the door, limping a little. She opened the door just a little, this time making certain to keep a firm hold and stand directly in the way. The only way he could get in now is if he walked right over her or picked her up. Neither was exactly impossible, but the thought counted. "Hello," she greeted formally. "How may I help you?" Her grip tightened on the door.

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
He grinned when he answered the door and took a deep breath, "Hello, I'm Jack Nooman, we talked via Email about my residence here? I would be renting a room from you?" He showed her the newspaper add and smiled, "May I come in?" She obviously didn't want him walking in agian, so he decided to ask before just assuming. "I past your test, you know, the first time. . .so I walked in. I figured it was a right-of-passage or something. I'm sorry if it wasn't."

He stood, rocking on his heels, looking down at the petit woman infront of him. He had to admit, she didn't look half bad, but this was absoultley not the time to tell her that, she seemed shaken enough as it is. The wind blew, blowing his red hair in his face and his white button down shirt flapped. The sound of rustling leaves on the ground made him twitch slightly. He missed the woods. He honestly was a little homesick and couldn't help but think of home when he heard leaves rustling in the wind. That and seeing rabbits. But that was for a different reason.

BitOfFun

Tsuki calmed now as she looked up at him. "Um, no, actually, it wasn't a test. I really don't know how you got that idea, but thank you for starting again." She took the ad and looked at it. Yep, that was her ad, and Nooman was the right name. "I thought you said your name was Jackie, and I thought you were female that whole time. I should have been more attentive, so I suppose at least half of this misunderstanding is mine."

She stepped aside and gestured for him to come in. "Please come in. I will give you a tour of the house." She hoped he wouldn't go running all over the house again like he did the first time. She needed to show him around as much to keep herself calm as anything else. This was all just too weird!

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
"Oh shoot, well, I guess I assumed you would have put it together. Everyone calls me Jackie. Why? Don't know really, but they do! I thought Tsuki was a Russian guys name." He shrugged, "So we where both confused, sorry." He stuffed the artical back into his pocket and smiled, walking in, though only really taking a small step so he would trigger the poor woman agian. "Listen, I really am sorry, I'll try and make it up to you at some point."

He looked around the house, as if he hadn't seen it a moment ago and still hated the flooring. "Homey." He said quietly and followed her as she showed him around. Boy, this was going to be interesting.

BitOfFun

"Please leave your shoes in the entry room. I like to keep the floors clean," Tsuki said, padding ahead of him. And they were. She might be broke, and her house had little to offer by way of furniture, but it was clean! "Kitchen, of course," she said, indicating the room. There was a small round table and two small chairs in the dining area, and the kitchen had the usual appliances. "I make dinner every evening at five. You don't have to join me, but you can if you like. The other two meals are up to you. Food without a name attached will be joint property, I suppose."

The living room had an old, floral loveseat and several books on the corner shelving unit that had been built into the wall. "Books. You can help yourself to mine and add your own." There was nothing else in the room. No tables, no TV, no other shelves or knickknacks.

Tsuki pointed to the double glass doors leading into a bedroom with a small bed. "That's my room. I have curtains over the doors for now. I think it was supposed to be a nursery or something. I have no idea why else you would put glass doors on a bedroom." She closed the door again before he could spy in the nearly equally barren room. "The bathroom is straight there by the fireplace, and yes, the fireplace does work."

She turned down the small hallway. "There are two bedrooms down here. You can have either one, but I thought you might like the bigger one, so I put the mattress in there. I don't have any bedding for it, sorry." She indicated the larger of the two bedrooms at the end of the hallway. There were two big windows on one wall, a tiny window in the corner, and a fairly large closet without any doors. An odd little wall jutted out on one side creating a little space in the other corner. "Will this do?"

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
He did as told and slipped off his shoes and couldn't help but wonder if he was moving in with a cleaning fanatic. He shrugged and walked on, noting how sparsley each room was decorated. "I'll try and make it to dinner, I usually eat around the same time aswell." He followed her into the livingroom, and looked at the loveseat. It reminded him of his grandma, bless her heart, if his uncle actually did what he said he would, she would be taken care of in an elderlyhome. Well, the home itself isn't elderly, but the house houses senior citizens. Why was he thinking about old people agian?

He noted, agian, how little the room was decorated and nodded, walking with her to her room. "I don't have many books, just a small handful." He figured he would keep them in his room. They were either related to his line of work, or where about animals. Though, only one kind of animal in spacific, and that was a conversation he wasn't about to have. "People back in my home town call them dens, and would either use them for gaming, or crafts. Windows and glassdoors where common for these kinds of rooms."

When they rounded to his room he smiled. Home sweet home for a while. Didn't seem to bad. He could afford a decent bedsheet and a few blankets, he didn't need a pillow, he always pack his own. Just for god measure, he didn't want to use someone elses pillow, just seemed. . .weird. "Thank you for your hospital-ity this time around. I'll see to it that the room is put to good use while I'm staying." He gave her a smiled and walked in, setting down his bag -agian- and took around the shattered pieces of his sculpture.

BitOfFun

"I'm sorry about that, but you did scare the living daylights out of me," Tsuki said a little sheepishly. "Oh, um, the bathroom doesn't have a bathtub, just a shower. I mean to have it remodeled once I save up some money." She hesitated, watching him with the statue. "Um, and I am willing to clean and everything, just pick up after yourself, and I do laundry on Tuesdays and Fridays. I'm willing to add your laundry to my loads, but I won't do a special load just for you. I think that's pretty much... Oh! Right, you need a key." She took a key out of her pocket and handed it to him. "It only opens the front door."

After a pause, Tsuki held out her hand. "If you would like, I can glue your art thing back together. I am pretty decent at those types of repairs, and I am really sorry I broke it. Or I could buy you a new one."

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
He chuckled, "I didn't mean to scare you, I was about as confused as you where." He smiled, studying his sculpture. "That's fine, I usually shower anyway, batheing takes far to long. If it's money you need, I wouldn't mind lending you some," He shrugged, "Would twenty-five hundred cover that and the hideous flooring?" He stood and grabbed a pen and a check, and started to write on it.

"Ah, yeah I key," he grabbed the key and put it in his pocket. He finished off the check, doing his best to spell her name right, and handed it to her. "If I didn't spell it write you can always change it," he grabbed a small piece of the sculpture and shook his head, "No that's alright, no need to glue it. I'll figure out what I want to do with it first, don't worry about it though." He smiled and began unpacking his stuff from his suitcase.

BitOfFun

Tsuki didn't take the check. Instead, she just stared at him, bewildered. "What on earth?" she blurted when he stopped talking. "Why are you just handing me money like that? And where did you get that- no, don't answer that one, just tell me why are you handing me a check like that?"

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
He looked at her untterly confused. Why did it matter so much? "Uh, because I'm going to be living here? And you wanted to make the renovations anyway, it was just money that was in the way. I don't see why this is such a big deal. I mean honestly. If it makes you feel better you can pay me back when you can. Better?"

BitOfFun

Tzuki shook her head. "You had a really sheltered upbringing, didn't you? People do not just go around handing other people huge wads of cash - or pieces of paper representing huge wads of cash - when they've only known each other for a really short amount of time. Even if they are sharing the hose. And besides, you aren't going to be staying here for a long time, only a couple of months. I'm going to be the one living here with the renovations, not you."

JodoBird180

Live, Die, Repeat
"About as sheltered as living in the woods as far as I'm concerned. Fine. I'll keep it on hand though, incase you change your mind." He stuffed it into his pocket with a huff and looked at her for a moment. "I also never said I would choose the changes, just provide the money for you to do so." He shook his head and returned to unpacking. He had a few hangers in his bag, so he hung up his perfectly folded shirts, not a wrinkle in sight. He learned that trick from his mother, and he has used it ever since.