• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!
  • Don't forget to join A Whole New Wold
    The world building event you determine how it will look

Intermediate Intense Let's Write a Story Together! <MxF> <Looking for a writing partner> <Plots/pairings inside>

astra

Hey-o, I'm astra. I'm looking for a partner to write with! I've been roleplaying for about 8 years now, and I love brainstorming and character arcs.

Anyway, some short and sweet stuff to know about me as a writer:

+ I generally prefer to play a female main character in a MxF relationship.

+ It's implied with the section I'm posting in, but I'm not interested in writing out smut. Fade to black is fine, of course.

+ I value punctuation and grammar. I totally understand typos, and if your OOC talk is silly (as is mine, I promise), that's perfectly fine, but IC, I'd rather not be distracted from your great post and characters by stuff like that!

+ I write somewhere between 400-3000 words, depending on my partner and the frequency of posts expected. Basically, I match my partner's length.

+ Frequency: If we are writing shorter posts, I might reply quite frequently (to me), perhaps once a day. With longer posts, it might be more like once or twice a week, or even weeks. With life and all, I might get stalled here and there, but I like to give my partners an ETA for posts and do my best to stick to them.

+ As mentioned above, I love brainstorming and character development with a buRNING PASSION. Prepare yourself.

+ I'm fond of romance. Nothing instant, or anything like that. It doesn't have to be the main focus of the plot, because that can be...boring. But yes, I like a little romance in my stories.

+ Genres: I like Fantasy (medieval/historical > modern), and gritty, angsty Post Apoc/Dystopians. I'm also very fond of misery and angst, and I'm always up for some dark/mature themes as long as it doesn't wander into smut.

Okay! Here's a short list of the fandoms I like to write about, albeit with OCs, not canon characters:

+ ASOIAF
Fantasy? Check. Amazing world? Check. Intrigue? Check. Misery and pain? C H E C K

+ Hunger Games
Yeeeeee pain and suffering in an oppressive dystopia!

Now, a list of pairings/themes I'm quite fond of:

+ Bonnie & Clyde like conmen/criminal pair
Two horrible people being terrible magnificent bastards togetherrr

+ Royal/nobility x commoner
A cliche, but a wonderful cliche.

+ Arranged Marriages
Come on, you know you love this cliche too. I mean, seriously!

+ Amnesia/memory loss
Tragic and inconvenient. I'm into it.

+ Fae/Changelings
Terrifyingly beautiful fae and traumatized changelings? Yessss.

+ Greek mythology turned modern
Because all that drama is always relevant and entertaining.

Now, for some old plots rolling around my head! Mind you, I'm always open to altering and changing and smashing elements together to make a plot all our own. Contribute! Speculate! Brainstormmm! Honestly, the reason I post these plots isn't necessarily because I really really want to use them, but to give you an idea of how my brain works and what my tastes kinda are. Feel free to pitch a plot if you think it'd be up my alley!

This particular country is known for political turmoil. Kings and Queens rise and fall. Nearly fifteen years ago, one family was overthrown, and their members killed and scattered. One member survived, at the tender age of five, who lived as a street rat. Of course, the current royal family has their own heir roughly the same age. There's some possibilities here--maybe this new family is also overthrown, and their heir escapes to the streets, only to meet the royal-turned-street rat, or maybe they meet out on the street when the current royal wants to explore the outside world. Might be fun to play with different cultures other than the European/Western culture.

The end of the world came and went. The cause? The gifted. Once upon a time, they were legends in comic books and movies, but the chaos they could bring turned them into persona non grata. Oppressed for nearly a century, tensions finally mounted into a terrible war between the government and the rebel gifted. Even with the divided factions, some gifted supported the government, while some normal people championed the causes for the gifted.

The war dragged on, and the government managed to win--though by the end, the earth was ravaged and broken. Almost all gifted were hunted down and neutralized, either killed or imprisoned. Ten years after the war, the world is slowly attempting to heal. Even so, food and resources are scarce, and outside the small cities, there are ruins and deserts, skeletons of the world that once was. And out in the desert, there are the last remnants of the resistance, outlaws and fugitives. The government is desperate to bring them down, but they've outsmarted them at every turn. As a last resort, they send a special operative to infiltrate their group, a young gifted. There could be some twists here, like their special operative being a childhood friend of the leader of this resistance.

...The show's begun. We don't do normal here in the Cirque. We all have our quirks, our talents. Our secrets. Our wonderful Ringmaster passed on but a year ago--a tragedy, as it is. We haven't been doing as well, but that's how life goes, darling. His son took over as the Ringmaster. ...Charming sort, he is. Mostly keeps to himself, nursing his scotch. At his side is his enforcer, a slight girl called the Wraith--best you not cross their paths. But the show must go on, mustn't it? Of course, of course! Come one, come all...to the circus of wonders.

...So it's a circus setting, either in an era when circuses were big. The young Ringmaster is afflicted with some mysterious curse, and has inherited a business that's full of some sinister deals, while his 'enforcer', a young magician who's grown up within the circus, displays some disturbingly split personalities. There's a bunch of options here pairing wise--we could introduce all-new characters to the setting, or have the Ringmaster or the Wraith enter into a relationship with a newcomer, or perhaps have the Ringmaster and his enforcer be a pair. There is definitely something dark going on in this circus, so perhaps someone is trying to uncover it, or perhaps they are a wide-eyed idealist stumbling into something they're not ready for.

This is a pitiful story about three people, three different players in a court. A young man, a faithful soldier to his country and sovereign. A young lady of low noble birth and a childhood friend of the soldier. A prince, destined for the crown and surrounded with everything he could desire, and yet never satisfied. The soldier and young lady have always been fond of each other--each other's first love. Years later, she is introduced to the court, and the prince is smitten and begins to pursue her. The prince soon realizes that she is in love with his personal guard, the soldier, and commands him to turn her affections away. Pained, but bound by duty, he struggles to obey, while the girl is caught between the intense affections of the devious prince and her feelings for her childhood friend who seems to be rejected her.

Yeah. I know, I know, another cliche love triangle... I don't know where this one would go. And either male role would be up for grabs, and the atmosphere would change quite abruptly depending on which was chosen to be played mainly. A pairing with the soldier could have bittersweet and forbidden undertones, while a pairing with the prince would be more of a darker romance, with more manipulation, intrigue, and possessive love.

Alright, I suppose this'll do for now! Let me know if you're interested!

Cheers,

- Astra c;

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
I have a few questions;
- are you looking for good grammar, or perfect grammar? IC I mean.
- I'm also not sure if you want your partner to be able to produce 400-3000 words a post?
- How often do you want your partner to be able to post? At minimum overall?

astra

I have a few questions;
- are you looking for good grammar, or perfect grammar? IC I mean.
- I'm also not sure if you want your partner to be able to produce 400-3000 words a post?
- How often do you want your partner to be able to post? At minimum overall?
Oh, just good grammar. Even I don't have perfect grammar. And as for character count, I don't mind as long as there's (on average) a minimum of 400 ish words. I just like having at least a few chunky paragraphs that I can reply to. I'm super flexible with frequency of posting. Once a week is fine for most cases.

Bottom line, I'm pretty flexible with length and frequency, so I usually match up to what my partner. xD

stryd3r

| aloha and aloha |
hey astra! i'm stryd3r, nice to meet you 🙃

I am very interested in your resistance/post apocalyptic/gifted plotline and I would love to write with you! I just had a couple of questions and some things to throw out there real quick.

I myself prefer to write through a female character's perspective just because I am used to it, but I am totally open to enhancing my writing through a male's perspective (though it involves me doing extensive research and watching hundreds of youtube videos on how men think) and I think that would be exciting. But, if you are open to each of us having a male and female character (and then pairing them together, so my guy with your girl and my girl with your guy) then that would be awesome! If not, no worries. I am still open to creating a male character.

And then concerning the plot line, could I have a little more information concerning the state of mankind in the setting. Like are there multiple governments, or maybe multiple individual factions all controlled by this one government/group that want to wipe out the gifted from the face of the earth? How are relations with other countries around the world? Are they in the same state as well? Is this government wanting to kill gifted a global type of thing?

I have other questions, but I don't want to overwhelm you, so I will ask them later if I have the chance 🙃

astra

hey astra! i'm stryd3r, nice to meet you 🙃

I am very interested in your resistance/post apocalyptic/gifted plotline and I would love to write with you! I just had a couple of questions and some things to throw out there real quick.

I myself prefer to write through a female character's perspective just because I am used to it, but I am totally open to enhancing my writing through a male's perspective (though it involves me doing extensive research and watching hundreds of youtube videos on how men think) and I think that would be exciting. But, if you are open to each of us having a male and female character (and then pairing them together, so my guy with your girl and my girl with your guy) then that would be awesome! If not, no worries. I am still open to creating a male character.

And then concerning the plot line, could I have a little more information concerning the state of mankind in the setting. Like are there multiple governments, or maybe multiple individual factions all controlled by this one government/group that want to wipe out the gifted from the face of the earth? How are relations with other countries around the world? Are they in the same state as well? Is this government wanting to kill gifted a global type of thing?

I have other questions, but I don't want to overwhelm you, so I will ask them later if I have the chance 🙃
Hey stryd3r, nice to meet you! Coolio, I'll shoot you a pm soon! c;