• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!

Intermediate Not Accepting Labyrinth [GROUP 1]

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Art by @.Squigglez

Open spots: 0
@Izack @Raesins @Dao Ma

Premise
Millenia ago the infamous Minotaur was trapped inside an elaborate labyrinth.
At first, one after another would go inside but none came back. Not in the least because the traps inside make no distinctions between friend and foe.
In an act of desperation, the Greek gods gave powers to regular humans, hoping they can do what their heroes could not. Without much choice or explanation, this group is put in the Labyrinth and will have to fight their way through all kinds of opponents and traps. Provided they survive that they'll have to face the Minotaur that killed so many others.

But… Is everything as it appears?​
Rules & guidelines
  • Use common sense;
    • SCRP rules apply
    • Don’t mini-mod
    • No god modding / metagaming
    • No Mary Sue/Gary Stu / OP characters
  • One (1) character per person.
  • Characters are up for approval by the GM (@Robyn) before you can post IC
  • Please nothing X-rated in this thread, this is a PG 16 RP
  • Character death is a thing but usually discussed
Some RP notes

• Drop a note if/when
    • You want or need to drop this RP
    • Can’t post for more than a week.
Players who have neglected to post without a note for more than 3 (three) weeks, will be removed from the RP.

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE LONG ASS SITTING. This isn’t going to be over in a real life month time, or even two. If you’re not expecting long term commitment, please refrain from signing up.

Activity & post expectations.
These are general expectations, things come up, life happens, I get that, I think we all get that.
  • There will be a GM post at least once a week.
  • There is a post order as dictated by who posts when on the first round.
  • Posts are expected to be at least 1 paragraph / 6-8 lines.
  • Decent grammar and spelling should go without say (doesn’t have to be perfect but understandable is a must)
These notes and rules are subject to change depending on how the RP fares and what the GM and players need.
F.A.Q.
What’s the setting?

Modern day earth.
Outside this maze, characters have cell-phones, cars and other modern luxuries. In the maze, no such luck.

Is knowledge about Greek mythology required?
To a degree, yes.
This RP is heavily influenced by it. The basis of this RP is, after all myth of the Greek Labyrinth and the Minotaur. If you have questions, ask them. My own character will give a lot of information as required, but dare to ask questions.
However, if I have to explain who Hermes is, for example, we might have a problem.

Can I play a demigod or a minor?
No on either.
The premise includes that greek gods, heroes and demigods have tried and failed. Due to the themes of this RP, as well as personal/child development, I’m drawing the line at 20. A 12 or even 16 year old would likely hold up the group too much in either physical or emotional development.

Why aren’t we allowed repeat powers and weapons?
Diversity, mostly.
Where’s the fun if all characters are healers? Or psychics? Or anything really.

Why can we play only 1 character?
A group can be too big. Too many characters (and thus powers & weapons) would mean the challenge is that much smaller.
Gotta keep this fun ;) It would make it very hard to add something unique/new to the scenes for those that are the last to post.
Note: characters can be replaced, but not added​
Character Creation notes
  • No repeat powers
  • No repeat weapons
  • Characters are given a working knowledge of their power and weapon. However, knowledge does not equal experience. There is a learning curve for both, unless there is prior experience with the weapon. This should be stated in the character sheet.
Full name
Nickname
Sex: (M/F)
Physical appearance: (realistic art or written description)
Country of origin:
Power:
Limit on power
(if not stated, GM will give you one)
Weapon of choice: (nearly anything flies here, if left blank, GM will randomly instate one)
Character strength and weaknesses (at least 1 of each)

History:

Required characters
Greek history geek - Robyn
Healer - Izack
Fighter(s)

Claimed powers
Fire - Robyn
Healing - Izack
Telekinesis - Raesins

Claimed weapons
Recurve bow - Robyn
Long bow - Raesins​

Accepted Characters
Full Name Andrina Grant
Nickname Andi, Rina
Age 25
Sex: Female

Physical appearance:
Original artist
Country of origin:
Power:
Pyrokinesis
Limit on power: still needs oxygen around, doesn't work in water.
Weapon of choice: Recurve bow

Character strengths and weaknesses
Determined but hot-tempered
Strong-willed (which can be either good or bad)

Background: Andrina was born an only child to her parents. Being outgoing, she made friends easily enough even at a young age. “You can’t do that” is a phrase she took at face value for as long as she could remember. Telling her she couldn’t do something was often a good way to get her to do precisely that. It got her in trouble a few times.
From a young age she was fascinated by history and loved to travel. Even in grade-school, she eagerly took opportunities to travel and expand her horizon. It didn’t take her long to combine her love for travel and history, and applied to an anthropology master. She graduated with decent grades, and immediately after applied for her doctorate in archeology, for which is she working on her dissertation.
She engaged in various sports, including extreme sports. She has gone skydiving, as well as paragliding, bungee jumping. She still wishes to go mountain climbing, and in the meantime enjoys hikes. For the hell of it, she engaged in archery in grade-school but dropped it not long after starting college. Her course-load and times didn’t really allow it anymore.
She’ll go back “one day”.
Full Name: Mariana Alexander
Nickname: Mae
Sex: Male
Gender: Female (She/Her) (Uses they when referring to her past self that was "Male")
Physical Appearance:
Country of origin: Sweden
Power: Telekinesis
Limit on power: Focus limit / Weight limit 200 lb / 90 kg
Weapon of choice: Longbow
Character strength and weaknesses: Strengths: Impartial. Weaknesses: Vague, Bad at expressing her thoughts

History: (Italic They/Their is talking about past self.) Their parents got divorced when they where only five years old. She doesn't remember much about that time, those memories are long gone. Their time with each parent was split up without really consulting them, the way it was handled was unfair to Mae. They came out to their mom at the age of ten years old. She finally wanted to change something that was bothering her. It was hard for her to explain it to her mother as she isn't really sure how to explain the feeling, she just knew that her gender was wrong there really is no explanation for it, it just is. She came out to her father when she was fifteen, she would hide it around him and wear clothing that fit her assigned gender. Her father was a more difficult matter, you see it wasn't that he was upset with this or anything. He felt as if he wasn't really excepting that it existed in his own "son". So she distanced herself from him. With that she began to distance herself from everyone. She didn't want to be hurt by those around her, and because of this it shaped her personality to be vague at best. When she graduated from high school she moved out immediately on her own. She didn't want to deal with anyone else and she couldn’t handle people being disappointed in her. In the last year or so she decided that she wanted to bring people back into her life, she started slowly accepting family into her life but still has not accepted any friends.
Full name: Elijah DeMarquez
Nickname: Eli

Country of origin: U.S.
Power: Hydro-kinetic Healing
Limit on power: Is limited on how much damage he can heal depending on the injury. Can heal minor cuts/bruises/scrapes in a few minutes. Can heal larger wounds, broken bones, and internal injuries, but it may take multiple sessions or hours of concentration on the task. Can remove toxins from the blood but also requires time and concentration depending on amount. Can only heal one target at a time. Cannot reattach limbs. Can summon water for drinking and limited fighting purposes (mainly defense).

Weapon of choice: War Scythe

Character strength and weaknesses:
Strengths: Cautious, Decisive, Realistic
Weaknesses: Blunt, Prideful, Selfish

Elijah was born into a family of seven; his mom, his dad, three sisters and a brother. As the oldest of the five children, Eli learn the hard way that the only way to get anything done is if you do it yourself. With this mentality he was able to get himself a job at a young age to help his family, while also keeping up with his studies. His daily hard work eventually paid off when Eli got an early acceptance to a prestigious medical college with a full scholarship.

Elijah’s goal was to become a top surgeon and be able to put the rest of his siblings through college as well. Day in and day out, he kept up with his teachings while making sure to keep a part time job to help with expenses back home. However, this way of life came at a price. Eli was viewed as a cold individual and someone that only cared about himself. Other students also became jealous of his raising grades and tried to sabotage his efforts.

With this experience, Eli started putting more distance between him and other people. He thought of the other students as his lesser which once again reinforced the idea that Eli could only rely on himself. He would do group projects alone so that no one could mess-up anything and would even go back to labs later in the day, to make sure that data was filed correctly. After several years of this, Eli finally graduated with top marks in his class. He went on to start as a surgeon at one of the top ten hospitals in New York and soon showed everyone around him what he was capable of.

Outside of work, Eli keeps in shape by going to rock climbing gyms and practicing various martial arts. Occasionally joins in marathons for various charities at his work. He also enjoys a wide array of music and likes going to see live theater. However, he never does any of these actives with friends, preferring to keep his distance from others, partially of distrust and partly due to thinking he is better than those around him.
Full Name: Walt Bowman
Appearance: Country of origin: Canada
Power: Body shield
Limit on power: Must be making eye contact with the target if putting body shield on someone other than himself.
Weapon of choice: Large shield
Strengths and weaknesses: Physically really strong, Very large figure. Emotionally weak, Stubborn, quiet.
History: Walt spent the majority of his younger years bouncing from home to home, from boarding house to boarding house. He never truly had a home, as a baby he was abandoned by his parents, he has always been alone in this world. When he turned the age of eighteen he was put into this world on his own. Though this may seem hard, Walt was strong willed and capable of handling this world. He made this world his b***h by showing physical strength, if there was a problem he could usually solve it by using his muscles. This had gotten him in trouble in his early twenties, after a few spouts of jail time he got a steady job in body guarding and security.

Let me know if you need more for the history of him. Yeah it is a little short but I think it works and I also plan for dao to replace this character eventually.
Full name: Leon Kendall
Nickname: Leo

Country of origin: Southern Sudan (originally), America (currently)
Power: Nature/Earth Conjuration
Limit on power: He has to be on the ground to conjure anything. If he is not connected to the ground in someway (ie if he is on an animal connected to the ground, in a tree, etc) the conjured item will disappear. Also he can create objects up to 15ft before they either cannot reach or are much less effective.
Weapon of choice: Tonfa
Strengths: Loyal, Optimistic, Decisive
Weaknesses: Self-Sacrificing, Non-Confrontational

Since a young age, all Leo had experienced was the ravages of war. His mother fleeing from the sound of guns. His father dying when he was young. At the age of 12 being forcefully recruited, with the rest of his friends, into fighting against the men bent on taking his home away. However, when he was finally given a way to fight back, Leon reveled in the experience. He found that he was quite good at predicting the movements of his enemies, firing accurate shots at targets far away, and figuring out were hidden traps where laid.

Eventually, the constant state of war took its toll on Leon. After five years of hiding, fighting, watching friends and family die, Leon could feel his will to live slip away. One of his last friends, a woman soldier by the name of Jemma*, took a liking to him. On the day that Leon lost his best friend Felix, Jemma found him about to take his life. She talked him down, telling him there was a better way out of it. She was able to find out that America was taking young refugees from Southern Sudan and resettling them in the US. Through a friend, Jemma was able to get Leon away from the fighting.

Leon ended up living in New York from the age of 18 (around 1999/2000) on, swearing to do what he could to help stop the conflict in his country as well as others. He ran awareness campaigns, fundraisers, and other local events to promote his cause. Through his dedication to peace, local leaders took an interest in him and offered him jobs to help with the local community. Leon decided to take up work at halfway home for troubled kids and also became very active in the church community.

Additional info - Leo does have a history with Eli (from 2002-2011), but, due to events, had a falling out with him several years ago. He also took in a large dog called Bear.

*Unknown to Leon, Jemma was really Tyche, the goddess of chance.
[/spoiler}

Last edited:

Raesins

Good people are few and far between, cherish them.
Full Name: Mariana Alexander
Nickname: Mae
Gender: Female (She/Her) (Uses they when referring to her past self that was "Male")
Physical Appearance:
bianca1-299x416.jpg
Country of origin: Sweden
Power: Telekinesis
Limit on power: Focus limit / Weight limit 200 lb / 90 kg
Weapon of choice: Longbow
Character strength and weaknesses: Strengths: Impartial. Weaknesses: Vague, Bad at expressing her thoughts

History: (Italic They/Their is talking about past self.) Their parents got divorced when they where only five years old. She doesn't remember much about that time, those memories are long gone. Their time with each parent was split up without really consulting them, the way it was handled was unfair to Mae. They came out to their mom at the age of ten years old. She finally wanted to change something that was bothering her. It was hard for her to explain it to her mother as she isn't really sure how to explain the feeling, she just knew that her gender was wrong there really is no explanation for it, it just is. She came out to her father when she was fifteen, she would hide it around him and wear clothing that fit her assigned gender. Her father was a more difficult matter, you see it wasn't that he was upset with this or anything. He felt as if he wasn't really excepting that it existed in his own "son". So she distanced herself from him. With that she began to distance herself from everyone. She didn't want to be hurt by those around her, and because of this it shaped her personality to be vague at best. When she graduated from high school she moved out immediately on her own. She didn't want to deal with anyone else and she couldn’t handle people being disappointed in her. In the last year or so she decided that she wanted to bring people back into her life, she started slowly accepting family into her life but still has not accepted any friends.

Last edited:

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean with focus limit? How long they can focus to keep their power active?
And what would the general weight limit (at start of story) be?

Raesins

So with the focus limit, it more so how much she can focus on the object. Basically speed of the object/s and how many plays into what she can do with them. Say she has 5 arrows being shot at the party, she could probably focus enough to direct 2 of them away from the party before they get hit, it will be a close call though. weight limit I kinda left that vague cause I didn't really know what I should have it at and I figure in certain scenarios that limit could be pushed. Does that all make more sense?

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Whatever the number, it will get pushed, I can guarantee you that :')
Characters are also allowed developments as they go along, so the numbers you set now doesn't have to be what they end with.
A general guideline to start off with might be smart though, so we don't accidentally kill your character :LOL:

(Unless I just totally misread and you're tying the focus and weight limit together?)

@Dao Ma don't worry you didn't miss anything, apparently nobody got tagged yesterday. Updated the user mention system and hopefully that fixed any issues we had ^_^

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Ok quick question because I want this to be fun for you guys as well; There's gonna be some fights. With other creatures and opponents and possibly among the characters.

Do you guys prefer a dice system to determine damage and hits or do you prefer relying on each other to be realistic in this? (and not hog every fight)

Raesins

I know I will be going for realistic in this, but if everyone would be more comfortable with a dice system I am willing to do either.

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Yo, i thought i was done being flip floppy but apparently my brain decided otherwise.

The original plan was to start on Day 0 and have them actually go into the Labyrinth on day 1.
But then my brain went "But what if we gave them a few days to get acquainted and what not? And start on day -3 or something like that?"

So here i put the questions to you😂
Discuss!

Raesins

Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's Dao! I think it would be nice to have the characters get to know each other, it could be really fun to see how they are around the others before the environment becomes priority #1 and not dieing and all that.

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Even I'm not as mean as to throw something in their faces on day 2
The dice disagreed but i vetoed them. 😂😂

As it stands the first event wil be 5 or so days in. Granted, they'll be told it can happen at any given time so it's not like they're very relaxed like they're having a spa-trip.

Izack

The Forever Tired Void
Staff member
Full name: Elijah DeMarquez
Nickname: Eli

Country of origin: U.S.
Power: Hydro-kinetic Healing
Limit on power: Is limited on how much damage he can heal depending on the injury. Can heal minor cuts/bruises/scrapes in a few minutes. Can heal larger wounds, broken bones, and internal injuries, but it may take multiple sessions or hours of concentration on the task. Can remove toxins from the blood but also requires time and concentration depending on amount. Can only heal one target at a time. Cannot reattach limbs. Can summon water for drinking and limited fighting purposes (mainly defense).

Weapon of choice: War Scythe

Character strength and weaknesses:
Strengths: Cautious, Decisive, Realistic
Weaknesses: Blunt, Prideful, Selfish

Elijah was born into a family of seven; his mom, his dad, three sisters and a brother. As the oldest of the five children, Eli learn the hard way that the only way to get anything done is if you do it yourself. With this mentality he was able to get himself a job at a young age to help his family, while also keeping up with his studies. His daily hard work eventually paid off when Eli got an early acceptance to a prestigious medical college with a full scholarship.

Elijah’s goal was to become a top surgeon and be able to put the rest of his siblings through college as well. Day in and day out, he kept up with his teachings while making sure to keep a part time job to help with expenses back home. However, this way of life came at a price. Eli was viewed as a cold individual and someone that only cared about himself. Other students also became jealous of his raising grades and tried to sabotage his efforts.

With this experience, Eli started putting more distance between him and other people. He thought of the other students as his lesser which once again reinforced the idea that Eli could only rely on himself. He would do group projects alone so that no one could mess-up anything and would even go back to labs later in the day, to make sure that data was filed correctly. After several years of this, Eli finally graduated with top marks in his class. He went on to start as a surgeon at one of the top ten hospitals in New York and soon showed everyone around him what he was capable of.

Outside of work, Eli keeps in shape by going to rock climbing gyms and practicing various martial arts. Occasionally joins in marathons for various charities at his work. He also enjoys a wide array of music and likes going to see live theater. However, he never does any of these actives with friends, preferring to keep his distance from others, partially of distrust and partly due to thinking he is better than those around him.

Dao Ma

sorrow made you.
Full name: Forentino Bello
Nickname: Bello, Bae
Physical appearance:
Country of origin: Mexico
Power: Construct Manipulation
Limit on power: Using inorganic matter, Florentino is table to transform it into something else. It can take shape of any other object, and it's softness/hardness may also change. He cannot, however, make organic materials out of inorganic materials (can't make food out of rocks). Depending on how much he needs to make or how much materials he needs, it may take time to create. He cannot make things out of nothing, and will always need to physically touch something before being able to change it's construct. He cannot change the constructs of people (leading back to can't change organic things).
Weapon of choice: Shield and one handed sword
Character strength and weaknesses
Focused, Determined, Adaptable
Selfish, Untrusting, Deceptive

History: In a nutshell, Florentino had been an orphan on the streets of Mexico City that got swept into the cartel life by first selling cocaine laced chicle to local addicts, then eventually leading into gang life and organized crime. The payoff for being loyal to the cartel's leader was far more enticing than the consequences. After all, to a young boy on the street with no home or family, money seemed like the only option in life. He was treated well for his services, even though he had to endure intense and could be considered psychotic training. Now, just muttering 'Muerte de un ojo' strikes fear among the streets of Mexico City. He revels in it. No one can remember his face, but the fact that he can be feared in such a way where he himself becomes a myth among men, it's an honor to himself.