• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!

Accepting Slice of Life Hope Valley [OOC]

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Name: Layla Black
Nickname: n/a
Race: vampire
Gender, sex & pronouns: female, she, her
Sexuality: Unknown
Place of origin: Unknown
Physical appearance:
Layla has the blood-red eyes her kind is known for and often paints her lips the same blood-red. Her pale skin and black hair stand out even more. The scars on part of her skin and neck are hard to miss, as are her legs for days. Layla stands about 1.75 m (5 9) tall with a slender build at only 63,5 kg (140).

Personality: Layla is ancient, and over the years she’s learned to be pragmatic and a decent judge of character although sometimes a bit selfish. She’s helped many a young vampire learn the ropes and control themselves, but can be hard of trust towards a person. When in doubt, she usually chooses not to trust.
Abilities: Fire-manipulator
Limits: Layla cannot conjure the fire, and she is not immune to the devastating effects that killed so many
Backstory: Layla was born nearly a millennium prior, or thereabouts. The woman doesn't recall much about how or when she was turned - or so Layla at least claims. She was one of the first vampires to have ever walked the Earth and very likely the oldest vampire currently alive. Over the centuries, she has seen the rise and fall of races, empires and often both. To say Layla has perfected surviving would be an understatement. She has seen other races change and develop new ways to fight - and hate - each other. She's found that having been born before that which can kill one helps tremendously in overcoming the thing. Seeing methods being developed, the woman found, helps determining it weaknesses.

It wasn't until she was about two hundred and fifty she started to control herself and opt for a friendlier existence. Being approached by a Magister that required her help was a big reason to reevaluate some of her life-choices. Since that first encounter, Layla has visited the different worlds for a variety of reasons though usually it involved the Athenaeum and it's people. Meeting different people and races gave her a new and different perspective. Until that point, bloodlust and an inability to care about other lives simply overruled her ability for compassion. Even today, if she has to choose between others or herself, she'll choose herself.

Over the centuries, she took various newborns under her wing. Teaching them the ropes of how to survive and if they were willing, how to preserve the lives of their prey. They could not deny what they were and should not be ashamed of it but being a cold-blooded killer wasn’t necessary either. There were those, even humans, willing to help them in various ways.

Layla briefly met Talia decades prior, when she first got her legs. At the time, the woman did not thing much of the Siren-turned-land-walker and figured she would return to her safe waters soon enough. Most of them did, and there was no reason to think this ice-lander would be different. When Layla learned about this strange town in the west, full of non-humans decades later, the vampiress decided to drop by. Since then, she's come and gone various times. Never staying forever, but always returning to the quint town.
While various townspeople tried to talk Layla into taking a more official position within it's border, she always politely declined on account of her coming and going. However, she did accept Talia's offer to help in the shop whenever she's in town.

Note; I did not write out Layla's entire past cause I'm not @Izack and I don't want to kill you with words but needless to say... Layla had her share of adventures. some may come up in the RP(s), some may not. I may or may not add to her BG throughout the RP

Last edited:

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Reminder to everyone to post. Next Sunday I'm posting with or without more posts. Also a gentle reminder to let me know if you can't post for more than a week, and that three weeks of unnotified inactivity means removal from the RP

Thanks for playing 😊

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Sooooo I said I'd post today and I had planned on it but I have a little hand-injury that makes it difficult to type at lenght and without a metric fuckton of typos.
It's nothing serious, should be healed enough to type longer messages in a few days. Im gonna put of making a full fledged post till thne

Sorry for the wait

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
it's a bit of a short post, in part cause Aza already punted us closer to the event so I didn't have to write as much for that. I also want to give others a chance to catch up till here before the first fun starts.

While loose, there will be a storyline to enjoy~

Izack

The Forever Tired Void
Staff member
Sorry for the absences of a post. Been sick these past few days (that recovery was a lie).
Hoping to work on a post and (hopefully) have it up tomorrow.

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
Ok so following the cold I've been sporting most of the week, I've been coughing my lungs out the entier night. I'm not even going to attempt to write anything. See you on the other side

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
hey loves
I'm still not feeling top notch and I feel like I can't give you good quality. I'm picking up my staff duties but do not yet feel comfortable posting.

pleasedonthateme

Robyn

The Phoenix
Staff member
@Azathoth @Izack

(@ everybody, if you're waiting for a specific person, that's also cool. WE're not in a real rush. But I'm kinda getting the feeling everybody is waiting for somebody now? so maybe put up notes in here as well, rather than PMing just me 😅 )