• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!

Intermediate Come Write With Me

Sera

Majestic Dragon
Hello, I’m Sera! I've been roleplaying off and on since January of 2006.

Right off the bat, if you want super quick replies, I am not the partner for you; I am not usually that speedy when responding to posts. I do work a full time job, and usually have more free time in the evenings most days. Because of this, I don't always have time to myself. At best, I can get a few posts a week out.

On my downtime, I can be a rapid-fire poster if the mood is there however.

Writing Style

First and foremost, I believe in quality over quantity and write however much is necessary to make sure my post accomplished what it needed. I normally write anywhere from 200, to 500 words a post but can achieve over 3,000 words easily, depending on my partner. I can go a little overboard at times, but who doesn't?

I don't have too many restrictions, but I'm not really a fan of writing out graphic sexual, or intimate scenes. That's not to say I'm unwilling to explore intimacy, mind you. Rather, if that happens in a story, I will fade to black.

I have no problems with playing male or female characters, and range from playing humans to dragons and some villainous folks here and there. It all depends on my mood at the time of creation, or the roleplay as a whole. Though I do tend to lean toward male characters.

I like to ‘wing it’ when it comes to plotting. Some of my best stories have come from letting a plot unfold naturally.

I also like throwing in NPCs as well.

What I Look For In A Roleplay/Partners

To be honest, I’m not really all that picky. As long you have a story to tell that’s right up my alley and have a decent grasp on the English language to be able to form coherent sentences, I’ll write with you.

Communication is a must. I like partners who speak to me OOC every now and then, bouncing ideas around here and there. If you aren't really feeling something I did, or aren't sure about something in the story in general, speak to me. I am more than willing to listen.

Don't ever feel like you need to rush to get a post done for me. I am patient. I understand life comes first and that muses are difficult some days. Please, please, please do not just have a reaction for the sake of having something. I am more willing to work with someone who shows that they are making an effort and not just rushing to get something done.

I want to be kept on my toes. Twists and turns, situations where I have to think, and anything that keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Turn Offs
Basically things that will make me drop a roleplay:
  • One liners. It shows lack of effort, and would rather not respond to them consistently. I am lenient, however, if there is a situation that would call for one, such as a quick reaction or transition.
  • Controlling partners/too much character or plot controlling and powerplay and/or godmoding. I don't care about NPCs, or small things that keep the story going, but I will be the one who controls my main character(s)l The whole point of a roleplay, is a story created by TWO or more people, I don't want to just be along for the ride, I want to be involved.
  • Nagging. A reminder here and there is fine, but don't make a habit of pushing me for replies.|
  • People who ‘give what they get’. If this is unfamiliar to you, it’s pretty much when you post two paragraphs and get two paragraphs in return, each and every time. It's nothing personal, I just find it difficult to build anything off of these kinds of roleplayers.
  • People who say they're bored. I'm trying to enjoy a story, and want you to as well. If I hear mention of being bored then I'll assume you are no longer interested.

Preferred Genres
Honestly, I am willing to try almost anything once. But here are a few of my favorite genres to write:
  • Fantasy/Fiction -Whether it’s modern fantasy, or some far away land, I absolutely love me a good fantasy story.
  • Horror -I am a huge fan of horror, and have yet to find something that truly terrifies me. However, rather than blood and gore, I’m more of someone who looks at the psychological aspect of things. What makes a person tick, that kind of stuff. I have no problems with blood or gore but if those elements become repetitive or excessive the roleplay becomes very boring for me.
  • Sci-fi -I do love me some sci-fi roleplays; envisioning the future is always a fun thing. I love seeing what people come up with, too. Mechs? Sure, why the hell not! Who doesn't love giant robots?
  • Steampunk -Not something I do lot, but I have always had fun with it.
  • Cyberpunk - Same with steampunk, not something I do often but something I do enjoy.
  • Historical- I am a huge fan of history. I love me some good war history, or just a historical setting in general.
  • Post-Apocalyptic Settings -Need I say more? It's always fun when the world goes to shit.

Romance- This is separate because, while I usually leave the option for romance to happen open, should you choose to peruse a romance plot with me, I have a few rules about what I look for.
Also, I will admit, my romance writing is kind of abysmal but I do try.
  • fade-to-black is preferred. I just don’t do intimate scenes.
  • I like development. There will be no falling madly in love by the fourth or fifth post. Immediate attraction makes sense, but immediately falling madly in love does not.
  • I do not do master/slave, incest, erotica, or sexual torture
  • No love triangles. In my experience, these are very difficult to pull off so I tend to avoid them.
  • Homosexual and heterosexual relationships are completely fine, I have no preference.
  • LGBTQ... I am not against this at all, trust me. However, I do avoid diving too deep into these kinds of plots because I don't want to step on too many toes.
Final note: I would prefer it if romance was not the center of a story. When I write a character I have no idea how they will react to my partner’s, and therefore, if the goal of a story is to fall in love, and the chemistry is not there, it will end in failure.

Fandoms:
Note: I don't do fandoms often and have to really be in the mood for one. If I do decide to jump into a fandom OCs are preferred.
  • Pokémon
  • Assassin’s Creed
  • Final Fantasy
  • Harry Potter
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dark Souls
  • Bloodborne
  • Dinotopia
  • Ace Combat

What I Generally Won’t Do
  • Anime roleplays
  • High school/college plots.
  • slave/master or kidnapper/hostage type plots
  • Romance plots that rely on two people falling in love by the end of it
  • Erotica
  • Gore
  • Slice of Life. Here and there is fine, but I don't plot around it specifically

On a final note, I prefer to roleplay on the forum. I’m old fashioned like that.

And that's pretty much it. If you think we'll get along, my inbox is always open, feel free to contact me on here or through Discord! Let's create something magical together.

Last edited:

CaptainKozuki

Hoist the dragon flag
Hi! I'm new to this site, but not to rping, and we seem to be fairly well matched in terms of word count, frequency of posting (although I may not achieve a few posts a week consistently :|) and genre so I'd love to rp with you! Would you be down for something sc-fi/cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic? I'd also be game for fantasy if you have a particular idea you want to try.

Sera

Majestic Dragon
Oh man, I would have to dig out my list of ideas.

Some post apocalyptic sci-fi/cyberpunk with fantasy sprinkled in sounds lovely though!