• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!
  • Don't forget to join A Whole New Wold
    The world building event you determine how it will look

PG-18 Coffee and magic

Raesins

Good people are few and far between, cherish them.
Staff member
"Finally we can close up for the night. Hey Shelby can you finish up on the dishes while I count the tills?" Your manager asked you. "Yeah, I can take care of them Kathy." After about 30 minutes of dishes you can finally get off of work. Tomorrow is the begging of the weekend, finally I can sit at home in my PJs all day and get some writing done.

You check your phone to see you have a message from your dad, you give it a quick swipe to make it disappear from your screen, it is 9:15. That is some pretty good timing if you do say so yourself. Usually you are at work until like 9:45 cleaning up. But you and Kathy are an efficient well oiled machine when it comes to closing up.

You take off your apron and hang it from a hook in the break room. This coffee shop job wasn't anything special, but it pays the bills until you can I can get this writing career going. As you grab your backpack from the locker Kathy comes up to you. "Hey great work tonight, I really appreciate the joy that you bring while working." You feel your cheeks grow a bit warm. "It's nothing, I enjoy this environment." You give a little shrug.

You head out the door and Kathy follows you out and waves before turning to lock the place up. You put on your favorite headset and begin your walk back to your apartment. It is only about 40 minutes to walk there, which to some people may seem like a really long walk, but you really enjoy this time spent walking. Well until winter hits...

Calm and quiet, that is what it's like along your route home. Though it is a longer route, you always take this way as it keeps you away from where the bars are. You can't stand the drunks who hit on you when you pass by. Plus that smell of cigarettes, Bleh! No thank you. No you would much rather walk a little longer to avoid that nonsense.

A chilling wind hits you about half way home. Ah the begging of autumn, great soon we will be getting our heavy snow storms. Oh crap and having to ride the bus to work when the weather is bad, you had completely forgotten about that. "Uuugh, I hate the bus." You exclaim as you pull your shoulder straps a bit to re-situate your backpack.

Suddenly out of the corner of your eye you see someone moving towards you, actually they are moving really fast. *Smack* They plow right into you, and you both tumble onto the pavement. "Aaah!" You begin to freak out, what the heck is going on? Is this person going to hurt you? You give them a forceful shove and push yourself up to your feet. You get in a defensive position, you are ready to fight.

(Will write more tomorrow. I'm tired)

Last edited: