• Welcome, friend we haven't met yet, to our slice of roleplay paradise.
    Feel free to look around, browse a bit. To join the community, register now!
  • Don't forget to join A Whole New Wold
    The world building event you determine how it will look

Intermediate Adventure Sci-Fi Big Mac Boogie - A Cowboy Bebop Story

Doaheem

Slow Poster
Community Volunteer
Donator
This is going to serve two purposes: one, to get word out on what I'm doing and two, to get some minds to meld together on this and brain storm a start.

I'm looking to scratch multiple itches and this will hopefully cover all of them, that is Cowboy Bebop, 1980s scifi, Synthwave/Cyberpunk, and crime.

This will follow a very small group, I'm looking for 4-5 players max and as of right now I have two reserves. I want to keep it small so I can really focus on each characters story. There may be times where your character doesn't get any attention at all because the story is focused on someone else's character history that doesn't relate to you, but rest assured that the opposite will be true in the future. I listed the RP as intermediate because I'm not expecting/ nor am I hoping for a chapter of text per post but I am hoping for an elevated level of story telling from both the players as well as myself. That also means, (un)fortunately that under no circumstances will I allow any player to be directly related to either the crew or the vessels of the show. Examples, former owner of X ship, Spike's brother, Vicious's nephew etc. That doesn't mean you never crossed paths but it keeps things honest.

As for the story. As of right now my first instinct is to have it follow a group of amnesiacs that were cryogenically frozen together and accidentally purchased by someone who will sort of guide them and their stories will be unveiled throughout the RP as both the players and myself work together to create their character's past, present, and future.

What do you say, space cowboy?

Azathoth

Quasi-dimensional Cotton Candy Eater
Donator
Sure, im down, Do i need past knowledge of the show? or am i good just winging it?

Doaheem

Slow Poster
Community Volunteer
Donator
You SHOULD be ok just winging it because the essence of the show isn't so much a plot but the *style* that governs the show, jazz, big band swing, funk, it would be beneficial to read a bit on the background of the show, as in some of the lore but it's not super duper necessary.

Doaheem

Slow Poster
Community Volunteer
Donator
Does the premise seem acceptable to both of you? This is a thread for our discussion before I get the OOC up.

Doaheem

Slow Poster
Community Volunteer
Donator
Alright gents, my apologies but an attorney appointment sent me full on into "Run away from everything" mode and I'm back and still working on this. Hope to have an OOC up within a week.